Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 35....Beautiful people

I spent the majority of the morning and afternoon in Poros today.  Shopping, sneaking through the small corridors to adventure higher up in the town.  There is no bad view in Poros, I am certain.  The white wash with the magical pops of color are breathtaking.   I sat at a sweet little cafe and had a 2 hour lunch and visited with the owner and staff, due to I was there only customer at noon.  Indulged in stuffed peppers, a greek beer and of course greek salad:)  Which I now crave daily!  I received a glass of rose and watermelon for dessert on the house!  Michalis told me when we were sailing, that he has traveled the world over and Poros is the most beautiful place he has ever been, not necessarily because of the blue water and unbelievable views but because of the people, beautiful people.   People make a place truly beautiful and I couldn't agree more.  I have witnessed amazing, hardworking people at their finest here in Galatas/Poros.  That in itself has been the best part of my travels thus far. 









No comments:

Post a Comment