Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 55...final day in Riomaggiore

My final day in Riomaggiore was a sweet, low-key one.  Had to sneak some beach and seaside time in before I head inland for the next 6 weeks.  Riomaggiore has taught me much about the simplicity of life.  Eating fresh food from the market,  reading a good book on the seaside, drawing the rocks, saying ciao to your favorite cafe employees, always smile and living to live.  This entire experience has grounded me in a way that I didn't even know that I needed.  You do not need much to be happy, they more I travel the more I find this to be true.  Material things seem obsolete, no self judgment, and truly thinking and being resourceful in a simple manner.  The Cinque Terre is a very tourist oriented place, which gave me a new appreciation for the silence of eating in my apartment watching the sunset.  I am grateful to have found more love for myself in this village than I ever have before.  Italy is my 'love' in my eat, pray, love parallel and that is the best feeling when you are true to your simple self the love just flows:)  I will be back Riomaggiore and I am sure Brooke will be too!











No comments:

Post a Comment