Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 80...working on the church

My current subject matter is rocks. Patterns they create and how they live in our every day world.  In Camapgnatico there is a beautiful church up the street from me, as there is in every town in Europe. It is the Chiesa San Giovanni Battista. Dating to the early 1100s. The pattern of repairs over the last thousand years is unbelievable. As one that rarely drew my skills are becoming better each day, my confidence is a little behind. I tried. I did. I think I conquered.  Not only is it the amazingly radiant architecture of spirituality but also of history of materials and patterns of the past.  Still in progress I thought I would share since it's a bit out of the norm for me to do such a realistic work:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment