Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 98...sketchbook

Today I photographed all of my paintings that I had done while in Europe.  Edited them all nicely and as I was flipping through them on iphoto, it was a brilliant stream of RED!  It has been a magnificent journey with this color and what I have not only found out about it, but what I found out about myself as I was immersed.  One of the most important things that I created was my sketchbook.  My sketchbook is filled with tickets stubs, drawings, brochures from art exhibitions I attended and of my fellow classmates, topped off with design and a splash of color.  This sketchbook has contained my artistic ideas, doodles and experiences on this journey.  It is a visual journal of the time that I have spent here, to remember the ideas, to remember the feelings and to just remember.  My days are becoming limited here in Europe and I am grateful for the time and energy that I put into this book, because I already find myself fingering through the pages to remember the art I saw in Hydra, Greece and a classmates show in Berlin.  These are things that made this journey what it is.  Yes, I have had lots of magnificent food and saw some amazing blasts of history, but in the end, its what is in this book that has fully reflected my journey:)







No comments:

Post a Comment