Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 91...pictures do say 1000 words


Sometimes, I feel more drawn to the camera than the paintbrush, because it executes exactly what I want to capture, not necessarily translate, but hold a specific moment forever.  I have over 3000 photos that I have taken on this adventure, and have been organizing them to use as tools for the next step in creating.  It has been so incredible to go back and see everything!  I am a firm believer in living in the moment, but sometimes when you are too in the moment you forget about the past.  It has only been 91 days since I left and started my travels, but looking back, it's a lifetime of memories.  The people that I have met, the sights I have seen, the art I have created and how the evolution of this time has changed my inner artistic voice, and perception of the world.  It is quite cliche to say that a picture says a 1000 words, but honestly it's more like a million.  Each photo has created a new passage of life through my existence and that just increases the possibilities in which I can travel.  I have six days until I venture back home, and I find myself in a hurry to keep looking and seeing things, but at the end of the day and at then end of this trip, it's all there.  It is all contained in who I am now:)







No comments:

Post a Comment